• Casing is made of stainless steel
• Back casing is transparent and is screwed-down
• Clock face is colored silver, with a guilloche design in the middle
• The hour, minute, and second hands are silver-toned, and are luminescent
• Available date function, displayed beside the 3 o’ clock numeral
• Glass made of sapphire crystal
• Swiss automatic movement
Here are some of the reasons why getting this watch is a good idea:
• Elegant and stylish for both every day casual and formal or business attires
• Made of high-quality stainless steel
• The brown band is made of alligator leather
• The scratch-resistant glass is also anti-reflective—it makes visibility better even under bright lights or sunny conditions
• Water-resistant for up to 660 feet, or 200 meters
One of the disadvantages that this watch has is the clasp used for the band. The watch uses a butterfly clasp. While it does the job well enough, this type of clasp can wear out fabrics and other such materials. Even though alligator leather is tough and will last longer than ordinary cowhide leather, the daily used of the clasp tends to fray and wear it out.
That being said, watches with bands like these can be easily replaced, so if the leather band does end up wearing out, it can be replaced with a new one. This, however, might prove to be an extra hassle for most people.
Customer Reviews and Feedback
Most of the customers who have purchased this watch all agree that this is one of the most beautiful and elegant watches they’ve ever had; they all said that online photos do not do it any justice at all. In fact, more than a few of the customers suggested seeing it out on a physical store to appreciate how it looks.
That being said, there are a couple of other things about it that some people pointed out. One of which was that the watch runs a few seconds faster than the atomic clock. This slight discrepancy normalizes as the user continues to wear it on a daily basis.
Another point some of the customers cited was that the butterfly clasp used for this watch could take some time to get used to, especially if the wearer has been used to the old buckles.
Versatile and Elegant
The PRC 200 Silver Day Watch from Swiss watchmaker Tissot is the classy, elegant, yet versatile timepiece you can wear on any occasion.
When looking for a classic and elegant piece to tie off or complete an ensemble, watches are probably the last thing you’ll look for. Watches were meant for accessible telling of the time, so throwing on any timepiece you have around should do just fine, right?
Well, yes, and no. Watches have evolved from mere timepieces to more of fashion accessories. But, as far as functional fashionable pieces go, watches are some of the most varied accessories in the market. Finding an elegant and classy timepiece shouldn’t be hard.
Here’s the review of the classic Tissot Men's T0144301603700 PRC 200 Silver Day Watch.