Baume & Mercier is by no means a new company. It has been around for quite a long time now, but there are only a few people who are familiar with the brand, and most of them are avid watch collectors. The company is actually well-known for making quality timepieces and the 8462 Classima is one of their best sellers.
The 8462 features a rather large 42 mm diameter white face, which is distinctly marked so it is easy to read. It also has a sapphire crystal which will remain clear for many years to come because it is highly resistant to scratches. The watch also has a fourth hand to denote the timezone; a nifty little feature that few other watches have.
Even though the Baume & Mercier men’s 8462 Classima automatic strap watch is not the most popular watch available, it still costs a lot of money to purchase one. So before you spend more than a thousand dollars on this watch, you need to know all of the details regarding it. Here are some of the pros and cons that you should be aware of regarding the Baume & Mercier Men’s 8462 Classima Automatic Strap Watch.
- The watch has a large and clearly-detailed face which makes it easier to read, and even though there is an extra set of numbers on the outer edge of the watch face (for the time zone) it is not really that confusing.
- The automatic movement means you do not need to use batteries or to wind up the watch. All you need to do is wear it and the movement generated by your hands is enough to power it.
- The triple-fold metal clasp provides a more secure way of fastening the watch to your wrist as compared to the traditional metal buckles. It also prevents unsightly marks and creases from forming on the genuine leather strap.
- Most automatic watches only need to be wound around 40 times for it to store enough power to get it through the weekend without it being used, but the 8462 Classima needs to be wound for around 60 to 80 times.
- If not wound up correctly, the watch will completely die after just half a day of not being used.
There are surprisingly a few negative things that can be said about the 8462 Classima, and they are all very minor inconveniences to say the least. If you are looking for a good quality watch that does not cost as much as the big name brands, but is as beautiful if not more so, then you should give the Baume & Mercier Men’s 8462 Classima Automatic Strap Watch a try.
The Baume & Mercier watch company may not be as prestigious as Rolex or Tag Heuer, but that does not mean they make inferior watches. In some cases, they actually made better models than their more expensive counterparts; the 8462 Classima is a good example of how a good product can come from a relatively unknown brand.