If you are thinking of getting one for yourself, or you are planning to give one as a gift, here are some of the pros and cons of the Baume & Mervier 8868 Classima that you need to be aware of:
- The watch is not completely soundproof. If you hold the watch near your ear you can still hear a faint clicking of the gears within the watch.
- The watch gains a couple of seconds each day; this is to be expected since the 8868 Classima is technically not a chronometer. You may need to set the watch to the exact correct time every couple of days or so.
- The stainless casing is rather soft, even for luxury watch standards. If you are quite clumsy, and you tend to bang your wrist on objects quite often, then you will find that every hit will clearly show on the stainless steel case of the 8868 Classima.
- Even though it is not a chronometer, the 8868 can still keep good time. It gains a couple of seconds every day, but it is still quite good for just a regular watch movement; this is the quality of Swiss-made watches.
- The watch face is perfectly-sized. Unlike most luxury watches that have oversized faces so that they can show off their jewels and movement, the 8868 Classima keeps things simple and unassuming. Though its face is not as large as that of other luxury watches, it is still big enough for anyone to see and read.
- The deployment clasp on the strap is a neat addition. The problem with other watches that have leather straps is that the buckles usually leave a mark on the leather, but the 8868 Classima actually has a metal deplyment clasp underneath; this makes it easy for you to put on the watch, and this also means that the leather strap will not get damaged as severely like when you use a regular watch buckle.
These are just some of the advantages and disadvantages of owning a Baume & Mercier Men’s 8868 Classima Executives Silver Guilloche Dial Watch. As you can see, the cons are just minor inconveniences. This is still the perfect watch for when you are attending a fancy dinner party, when going out on a special date, or if you just like collecting luxury watches.
The Baume and Mercier brand is known for making some of the most beautiful watches in the world and the Baume & Mercier Men's 8868 Classima Executives Silver Guilloche Dial Watch is not an exception. This watch has a stainless steel cover with a genuine leather strap. And unlike other luxury watches, the Baume & Mercier 8868 makes use of a metal deployment clasp, making it easier to put it on and take it off. This clasp also prevents creases and indentations from showing on the pristine leather strap. The 8868 also has a clear glass window at the back cover so that you can see some of the inner workings of this finely-tuned Swiss timepiece.