- Display: The Breda 2308 Jordan watch has a yellow gold tone dial. Nestled on the dial are gold stick indices, and Arabic numerals on the 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 o’clock positions. Its hands are also gold-plated, and are luminous. For artistic purposes, the Jordan also has three sub-dials. None of these are functional. Four gold rivets located near the 2, 4, 8, and 10 o’clock marks prettify the watch face even further. Sixty-second markers are also located along the outer edges of the watch.
- Top Glass: This piece in Breda’s women’s watches has a mineral dial display window.
- Case: The Jordan lives up to being a boyfriend watch by having a thick, golden stationary bezel and metal case. Its case is 12 mm thick and 44 mm in diameter. It has a screw-down crown, and two buttons that mimic those of watches with functioning chronographs.
- Calibre: This golden Jordan works using Japanese quartz movement.
- Watch Band: Another essential element in a boyfriend watch is a wide band. At 24 mm, the Jordan’s gold three-link bracelet fits the bill. It is as long as most women’s watch straps. Its fold-over clasp uses two safety buttons to unlock the clasp.
- Other Features: This timepiece is splash-proof.
- The Buzz about Boyfriend Watches: Attire and accessories that have been borrowed from the male side of the house have been around for a while, but it was only in recent years that they have actually been given the label, “boyfriend”. What makes boyfriend clothes and trinkets look so good on women, is the mix of confidence and comfort it evokes. Breda’s Jordan boyfriend watch definitely lives up to this expectation.
- Femi-masculine Facade: There is a fine line between wearing something too masculine and something “boyfriend”. The Jordan marries feminine and masculine elements impeccably. It retains the basics of a boyfriend watch: a large face and case, and a wide watch band. The rivets, hands, and the sub-dials keep it feminine.
- Less-Hassle Precision: As the Breda 2308 makes use of Japanese quartz movement, it is quite accurate, and the only time you would have to manually adjust the time is when you’ve already had the battery replaced.
- Those who prefer dainty, classic women’s watches would opt to steer away from boyfriend watches because of their large cases and bracelets. The Jordan may be too big and chunky for some women.
- It would have been better if the three sub-dials were actually functional, as it can be a buzzkill for avid watch lovers.
When Katie Holmes was spotted wearing Tom Cruise’s pair of jeans back in 2009, a once-quirky trend became a fashion statement. Up to the present, boyfriend garb and accessories are ever present. Whether it be paired with jeans or a shirt, Breda’s 2308-Gold Jordan Oversized Boyfriend Gold Watch is the perfect partner for your favorite boyfriend attire.