Hands on Review – Citizen Eco-Drive AU1065-58E “Axiom” Black Watch
Inspired by the creativity of dedicated craftsmen, the Citizen AU1065-58E Eco-Drive “Axiom” Black Watch lends a classic look to a timepiece equipped with sophisticated precision mechanics.
Featured in stainless steel with all-black ion plating, accents, dial and the fascinating edge-to-edge glass, Axiom’s design seems to have been inspired by famous luxury watches to create an attractively conservative timepiece that requires no battery.
Plus, keeping in mind that few men want to attend a formal event wearing a sports watch or have the ability to spend thousands on a dress watch, Citizen has been evolving the application of the Eco-Drive movements by incorporating them into classy watches, suitable for daily wear. Needless to say, if you are a true trendsetter, the Axiom AU1065-58E might just be the timepiece for you.
Citizen AU1065-58E Specifications
- Water resistant of up to 99 feet (30 M or 3 ATM)
- Japanese Quartz movement and analog display
- Innovative Eco-Drive technology allows user to charge watch in natural or indoors light
- Ion-plated stainless steel casing for increased durability
- Tapered black genuine leather band with buckle clasp
- Stylish polished silver crown for an ultra modern design
- Comes with an overcharging prevention feature
- Strategically placed date Display
- Mineral crystal protects the dial against the elements
- Sleek black matte dial with a polished silver-tone logo just below 12 o’clock position
- The clear display is easy to read
- No battery change required courtesy of the innovative eco-drive technology
- Features a simple yet sophisticated design for the effortless style; you will feel comfortable wearing it to a meeting, a wedding or a vacation.
- Comfortable enough for everyday wear
- Environmentally friendly
- The silver-tone dials are barely visible during the day time
I think this timepiece is about offering the functionality and features synonymous with Citizen and other Japanese watches in a very classy, simple looking design. Plus, when it comes to dress watches the term “less is more” holds great significance; Axiom’s uncluttered dial and strategically placed date display transforms it from a timepiece best suited for special occasions, to one you can wear to the office without seeming out of place. Lastly, coming in at a price of $206.25 (plus shipping), this Citizen model is quite affordable.
Where to Buy the Citizen Eco-Drive AU1065-58E “Axiom” Black Watch
The Citizen AU1065-58E Eco-Drive "Axiom" Black Watch lends a classic look to a timepiece equipped with sophisticated precision mechanics.