- Have I told you about the eco-drive system in this watch? It’s one to brag about. It’s light powered, meaning you’ll never have to worry about having the batteries replaced because…well, there isn’t any to replace to begin with! This eco-drive system is unique with Citizen watches, so yes, I am compelling you to buy this watch for this function.
- So now you’re worried that it might mean that you have to stand awkwardly outside your building with your wrist high up in the air to charge your watch. No. that’s not what it means. The light can be as little as when you’re walking outside or inside the office with fluorescent light. It can last up to six months without any light exposure. How awesome is that?
- This watch is water resistant as well. Although it’s leather, the waterproof function of the case is nice when you accidentally drop your watch on a puddle (or something like that). At least you’re well assured that the watch will last longer than a normal watch would, and if in case the leather disintegrates, you’ll just have to replace that at a lesser cost than buying a new watch altogether.
- It’s a classic silhouette without the fancy thingamajigs that new watches have nowadays. it’s not oversized so it’s perfect even for small wristed girls. It also won’t grab attention while you’re in a meeting, so you’re well assured that with this watch, the focus is you.
- Now let’s talk about the face of the watch. It truly is built for functionality. The silver hands contrast well with the white background. The numbers are black so you’ll never have to squint down annoyingly down your watch on bright areas (and for stealthy time-telling too).
- This watch may come off as barely appealing. It lacks the “oomph” that most people are looking for in watches. But it really is a watch that is built for function, and not too much as a fashion statement.
- The leather is made from pig skin. As a former leather lover, I can say that leather must stick to bags, not for watches. If you get sweaty during the day like me, then I strongly discourage you from wearing this watch 24/7. It may absorb the sweat and get odor after continued use. You wouldn’t want to be branded as the girl who has stinky hands, right?
- You might also get a little problem with the date. For months where the days are less than 31, you’d have to adjust the date box on the first day of the succeeding month.
For a classic silhouette that you can wear every day, go for this Citizen Women’s Eco-Drive leather watch. With its black leather band and silver casing, you’ll never have to worry about pairing it up with your button down blouse and high waist skirt. With this watch, it’s always a perfect match.