- Accent and Color: The Citizen World Time A-T has its case and bracelet made out of beautifully sleek stainless steel. It has a turquoise-accented mother-of-pearl dial, rose gold-tone hands and hour markers, and a blue fourth hand that tells world time. The other sub-dials act as an alarm and indicate the date and day.
- Display: The Citizen World Time A-T has an anti-reflective sapphire dial display window protecting the dial elements. The Arabic numerals mark the 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 o’clock. Thin markers on the outer edges of the dial mark the major cities for telling world time for 26 time zones. A unique curved indicator tells the day on its right side, and how much power is left on the battery, on the other side.
- Band: This time piece’s strap is a link bracelet with a push-button deployment clasp. It is 21 mm wide and follows the standard length for women.
- Movement and Dimensions: The Citizen World Time A-T’s case is 10 mm thick and its diameter measures 39 mm. Its movement is Caliber H820.
- Special features:
-Atomic clock synchronization
-Radio-controlled in North America, United Kingdom, Europe, Japan, and China.
-Water-resistant for up to 330 feet or 100 meters.
–Eco-Drive Technology uses light to power the watch, instead of batteries.
- With the Citizen Eco-Drive Technology present in the World Time A-T, you don’t have to waste money and time buying a new battery, and having your jeweler replace your old watch battery. More importantly, you contribute to saving the environment by not adding to more waste.
- Although this piece is sold as a women’s watch, it could well be a unisex watch because it is such a masterpiece that mixes the feminine turquoise accents on a mother-of-pearl dial, with the masculinity of shiny stainless steel and sheer case diameter size.
- Because this watch has indicators for 26 time zones, as well as the capability for dual time, the Citizen Women’s FC0000-59D World Time A-T Eco-Drive Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Watch is the right match for the international traveler, or for people who have plans of travelling, or for people who have someone special staying in another time zone.
- Also, this is definitely a watch that you’d want to show off to other people.
I could not find disadvantages to this watch. It is truly, a masterpiece, and well worth its price.
Can you imagine how many watch batteries are thrown in landfills nowadays? Citizen has managed to keep out about 40 million of them because of their new environment-friendly technology called “Eco-Drive”, which uses light to power watches. The Citizen Women's FC0000-59D World Time A-T Eco-Drive Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Watch is the first ladies’ Eco-Drive watch that is synchronized with the atomic clock.