Hands On Review – Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch
- Case and Dimensions: Fossil’s FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch has a 44 – millimeter, round stainless steel case. It is a mere 12 millimeters in thickness.
- Display: This timepiece uses black Roman numerals to indicate time. It has luminous off-white and black skeleton hands pointing to black indices. Its face is encased in a display window made of mineral crystal.
- Chronograph: Nestled on its cream dial are elements of a watch having chronograph functions. It has a smaller dial in the middle, and two sub-dials. The middle dial and the smaller dial to the left measure elapsed time, while the other sub-dial converts time to its 24-hour format.
- Strap: Fossil’s FS4735 comes with a lush brown leather calfskin strap. Other colors are available for purchase. It is as long as men’s standard watch strap lengths, and measures 22 millimeters in width. Like all leather straps, a dress buckle enclosure joins both strap ends together.
- Movement and Water Resistance: This timepiece runs on quartz movement. It is water resistant in depths up to 5 ATM or 50 meters (165 feet).
- Unisex Appeal: Although Fossil’s FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch was made with male customers in mind, this vintage – looking piece would actually look great on either males or females. It would look superb when paired with casual, comfortable clothes, and is the perfect accessory to wear on your day off or on a casual date over lunch or coffee.
- Form and Function: Fossil’s FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch marries form and function with its timekeeping and stopwatch capabilities. Health professionals, or people who would most benefit from this additional feature would also love how its design is simple enough to blend in with their scrubs or uniforms.
- A Vintage-Inspired Classic: Not all that is vintage-inspired will endure as a classic piece. Because this watch combines down-to-earth, functional features and timeless aesthetics, a lot of people will continue wearing this in an age where some say that the wrist watch is close to being outdated.
- Some people who have purchased this watch have mistaken the left sub-dial as a date indicator. Unfortunately, that sub-dial is part of its chronograph function, and Fossil’s FS4735 does not come with a date and/or day function. It would definitely have been a lot better if the watch did come with, at the very least, a date window.
- This can be considered a steal, if only it came with at least one free strap, since its watch strap is interchangeable. Then again, that might be asking for too much, considering its price range.
Where To Buy The Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch
Not all that is vintage can be considered a classic. Inspired by the vintage and classic watches, the Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch brings together all elements that make a watch timeless.