- Watch Face and Window: The Jake watch’s brown dial complements its leather watch strap well. White markers laid out on its face indicate the hours, instead of large numerals. A date window at the 4 o’clock position serves as the watch’s calendar function. This watch has three silver-hued metal eyes that facilitate chronograph movement. Its yellow second hand provides an aesthetic contrast to the silvery hour and minute hands. All of these parts are shielded from outside elements, by a mineral crystal dial window.
- Watch Strap: The Fossil JR1157 has a brown leather strap that has a buckle closure. It uses a men’s standard watch band length and measures 23 millimeters in width.
- Movement: Fossil’s JR1157 Brown Leather Strap Brown Analog Dial Chronograph Watch uses quartz movement to maintain accuracy in timekeeping.
- Case and Dimensions: Its round, stainless steel case is 13 millimeters in thickness and 45 millimeters in diameter. Its crown is also stainless steel, and protected by a crown guard attached to a stationary steel bezel.
- Water Resistance: The Jake watch can stand up to reasonable depths as it has a water resistance of 165 feet or 50 meters (5ATM).
- Metal and Leather: If you can’t decide whether to go contemporary minimalist or vintage, the Jake watch shall help you take the best of both styles in just one timepiece. Its polished stainless steel case, lugs, and bezel provides a tasteful contrast to timeless brown leather which can be found in its strap.
- The Fossil Legacy: The Fossil brand has been around for quite some time as it was founded in 1984. Its identity is its vintage-Americana inspired products that grow as its market grows. Looking at Fossil’s JR1157 Brown Leather Strap Brown Analog Dial Chronograph Watch and its features, it shows that this product definitely does not stray from the legacy and brand commitment that Fossil so strongly upholds across the globe.
- Chronograph Movement: While this watch has the potential to look great even with basic timekeeping features alone, it throws in a touch of the contemporary with its chronograph feature. This is a great feature for men whose professions and interests require measuring elapsed time.
- Some watch owners would experience slight inconvenience in reading time because its hands and three sub-dials are silver-tone and white. The similarity of colors cause the hands to slightly blend in with the sub-dials.
- Preference for watch size is relative. The Jake watch may be too big for some people.
Rugged yet composed, warm and at the same time, tough – these are some words that can best describe the Jake watch. Fossil’s JR1157 Brown Leather Strap Brown Analog Dial Chronograph Watch is just the right mix of cool and calm.