- Overall Appeal: The Nate – Black Chronograph Watch is a beautiful play of black and grey. Its dial is matte and textured, in contrast to its smooth jet-black bracelet band. Its large display complements its three smaller dials used for its chronograph and dual time functions.
- Watch Face and Window: Meticulously laid out on this watch’s textured, black dial are its gray indices and Arabic numerals (numbers are in the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o’clock positions only). Its basic timekeeping functions are complemented by a chronograph function supported by three sub-dials. One smaller dial allows owners to switch from 12-hour to 24-hour time format. It also has a date window by the four o’clock mark. A mineral crystal dial display window seals the watch face.
- Case and Dimensions: Fossil’s JR1401 watch has a round, jet-black, stainless steel bezel and case. Its bezel is stationary, with ridges on its edges. The round case measures 51 mm in diameter, and 14 mm in thickness.
- Band: The Nate – Black Chronograph Watch has a bracelet link band which is coated with black paint. It is of typical men’s watch band lengths, and measures 25 mm wide. It uses a single- press deployant clasp.
- Calibre: This black knight uses quartz movement.
- Water Resistance: This timepiece has a water resistance feature in depths up to 50 meters/ 5 ATM or 165 feet.
- Black is Forever Sexy: The fact remains that the color (or non-color) black will always represent mystery combined with sexiness. Paired with white or a contrasting color, this watch from Fossil’s Nate collection will pop out of obscurity and garner compliments from friends, family, and acquaintances alike.
- Timekeeping Features: Aside from the obvious chronograph movement capability of the Fossil Nate JR1401, this watch also incorporates other must-haves for modern-day watch owners – a date window, and a feature to convert time to 24-hour format. These timekeeping features would best benefit health professionals and other people who need a basic stopwatch and calendar.
- Scratch-Resistant Crystal: Although this would have been better if it did have a sapphire crystal dial window, this watch still does a good job at keeping its dial window scratch-resistant and optimally durable.
- The trouble with brushed/painted steel is that, if not treated properly, the paint does chip or fall off.
The case is quite large, yet the watch is not too heavy. Consider using this watch especially if you have large wrists or if you have a large-framed body.
Take into account the fact that this watch does have large numerals, and a large display. It may cause people to pay more attention to your watch, and in effect, to you. So if you are the shy, low-profile type, you may enjoy a moment in the limelight with this watch on.
Sometimes, what makes a man more attractive is when he shows his dark, mysterious side. Enhance your dark, enigmatic charm with Fossil’s JR1401 Nate Analog Display Analog Quartz Black Watch.