Hands On Review – Casio Men’s GW7900B-1 G-Shock Solar Atomic Black Digital Sport Watch
- It features an atomic, multi-band timekeeping capability for designated US, Germany, UK, China and Japan time zones,
- It can receive time-calibrated radio signals designed for an accurate display time,
- An automatic receive function good for six times on a daily basis (5 times only in China),
- Aside from the auto functions, the G-Shock GW7900B-1 also sports a manual receive function for both signals and frequencies,
- The G-Shock GW7900B-1 is also shock resistant. It’s strong enough to withstand shock from accidental impacts when wearing it,
- Water resistant good up to 200m,
- It has a full automatic EL Backlight with an afterglow effect,
- Its moon data feature determines the moon age of specific data, including a moon phase graph,
- Its tide graph feature determines tide levels for specified dates and times,
- A world time feature that includes 31 different time zones, or 48 cities + UTC, and city code displays,
- Daylight saving time and power saving function,
- It has a four daily alarms system and a snooze alarm as well,
- An option to tone off button operations
- A pre-programmed auto calendar system until 2009,
- A battery power indicator,
- An accuracy of plus/minus 15 seconds on a monthly basis,
- It functions through module 3200, and
- A total size and weight of 52.4 x 50.0 x 17.7mm by 71g.
- This new model, with its iconic four-point protection feature retains the same design philosophies (especially high operability and functionality) that made Casio a celebrated name in the watch industry all these years.
- This watch sports an impressive design, oversized buttons, a large casing, and tide and moon graphs.
- With the monotone mood set by the grey IP coloring feature backed by an aperture band design, the G-Shock GW7900B-1 is not only tough looking on your wrist, it also provides you with great comfort when wearing it.
- Another particular advantage that many users appreciate about the G-Shock GW7900B-1 is the ease in reading the display in whatever situation, even in low light conditions.
- Since it is solar-powered with a battery life of approximately 9 months, you need not worry about batteries and power maintenance.
- The G-SHOCK GW7900B-1, with all the great features men are looking for in an impressive wristwatch, is nothing like your traditional watch. But there are some issues you might want to address right away, like the difficulty in setting the reverse LCD display to low light since the display itself gives us a hard time setting up the functions.
The Bottom Line
Still, you should not be having a hard time reading the “military-spec” display randomly in low light. It’s all just a matter of getting used to setting it up for low light conditions. Without a doubt, the G-SHOCK GW7900B-1 is the most precise watch to date that you can own.
Where To Buy The Casio Men’s GW7900B-1 G-Shock Solar Atomic Black Digital Sport Watch
With its pursuit of toughness and new available technology, the G-Shock GW7900B-1 heralds a new Solar Atomic feature that’ll become a trademark for the G-Rescue series. This newest addition to the G-Shock series is your best choice when conquering the harshest environments.