Hands On Review – Casio G-Shock GA-100C-8ACR Men’s Watch
Key Features as Advantages:
- Overall Impact: The G-Shock GA-100C leaves a rugged and futuristic impression, as its case and strap are made almost entirely with matte black resin. Popping out from an all-black construction, its neon hands add the much needed color. Moreover, it is certainly a treat to have the features of both a digital and analog watch in just one piece.
- Display: This G-Shock’s face has 5 sections, excluding the main analog function. The two lower sections of the display are digital screens showing time, countdown timer, stopwatch, and calendar. The three upper slices of the pie are analog sub-dials indicating world time and seconds. Its dark silver dial is protected by a scratch-resistant type of mineral crystal.
- Settings Buttons: The side buttons used for adjusting watch settings, are made with an anti-slip finish.
- Strap: The GA-100’s watch strap is purely made of black resin, and it is 27 millimeters wide. It is secured with dual-ladder design and a buckle clasp.
- Movement: Aside from the electronics of a digital watch, this timepiece’s analog functions are powered by Japanese quartz movement.
- Water-resistance: It can hold up to depths of 200 meters or 656.17 feet (20 ATM).
- Special Features:
-Automatic LED light with afterglow
-World time in 48 cities and 29 time zones
-Four (4) daily alarms with one (1) snooze function
-Countdown timer, stopwatch, and pre-programmed auto-calendar until 2099
Case and Dimensions
This watch’s case measures 55 millimeters in diameter. It is 16.9 millimeters thick and, it weighs approximately 16.01 ounces. Although toughness is an essential characteristic of G-Shock watches, a buyer should consider the weight and large size of the watch, before purchasing it. It does look more appealing to people with larger and taller body frames as well as larger wrists.
Buyers shall have to expect that because this watch has a number of functions and features, set-up can get complicated, even for people who have previously owned or do own digital watches.
Reading Time Without the Numbers
First-time buyers who are not used to watches without numbers might have to make major adjustments and think twice, before they can tell what time it is on their GA-100C watches.
Where To Buy The Casio G-Shock GA-100C-8ACR Men’s Watch
Casio G-Shock watches are recognized as synonymous to durability and has kept that reputation for over 30 years since the first G-Shock was released in Japan. As the company is quite cognizant of its capability to adapt to the needs of its customers, it has recently released the G-SHOCK Men's GA-100 Neon Highlights Watches. These are available in black, with neon green, neon pink, and neon blue accents.