- Dimension: The Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN has a case diameter of 36 mm and a case thickness of 7mm. The entire package does not weigh more than 1 pound, upon shipping.
- Watch Strap: A gold-toned, fold-over clasp joins the ends of its acrylic, three-link bracelet. The clasp has two push buttons to release the bracelet lock. The bracelet is of women’s standard length, and it is 13 mm wide.
- Display and Movement: The Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN is a Japanese quartz movement type of watch and has an analog display. It has Arabic numerals at the 4, 8, and 12 o’clock positions. Its three sub-dials are for aesthetic purposes only. The insides are encased within a metal case and a mineral crystal dial window.
- Color and Accents: Its tortoise shell link bracelet, and rose gold-tone face, dial and case create the Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN’s timeless overall appeal. The clear Czech rhinestone studs adorning its bezel add an extra touch of femininity.
Why We Love Tortoise Shell
Whether it be on sunglasses, clothes, or watches, tortoise shell (now more often spelled as “tortoiseshell”) can be placed along the ranks of black, gold, and silver, as marks of what is called “timeless fashion.” For some reason, tortoise shell accessories don’t need frequent comebacks to be recognized as almost indispensable in the fashion world. Although the use of real tortoise shell has been banned since 1973, for environmental reasons, manufacturers worldwide have well-compensated and created beautiful synthetic pieces such as that of the acrylic plastic found in the Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN.
Having its own manufacturing facility is Geneva’s edge over other companies. This allows them to interact directly with their customers, and eliminate middlemen costs. So, with those extra fees and costs gone, the watches they sell are made more affordable without compromising its promised quality.
Having said that the Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN is very affordable, one might start to worry about the quality and sturdiness of the watch. Thankfully, Geneva uses mineral crystal instead of acrylic, for its dial display window. It also uses Japanese quartz movement in all or most of its watches. Both features keep the watch’s accuracy, and durability intact.
- As the bracelet is made of acrylic plastic, it is prone to cracking and/or breaking. Moreover, a jeweler or watch repair specialist is needed to make adjustments to the bracelet length.
- The Geneva 2381-rose/tort-GEN is only moisture and dust-proof. It is not waterproof.
Having the Geneva Women's 2381-rose/tort-GEN Rhinestone Accented Tortoise Shell Watch is both a testament to a person’s practicality and at the same time, appreciation for timeless fashion. As tortoise shell accessories have stood the test of time and have never ran out of style, so shall this watch endure.