Product Features and Advantages
- Overall Charm: The H64715885, as in most of Hamilton’s aviation-inspired pieces, is a tasteful fusion of what is vintage and at the same time, what makes it contemporary. The easy-to-read, dark gray dial and metallic indices, as well as its open case back are complementary to its subtle alligator-style khaki leather strap.
- Face and Display: Typically, watches have larger numerals indicating the hours. However, a unique feature to this timepiece is its large, Arabic numerals that specify minutes in five-minute increments (from 5 to 55). The hours are specified in a smaller dial located at the center. Its hands are extra luminous, and its dial window is made out of anti-reflective, scratch-proof, and durable sapphire crystal. It also has a day and date window by the 15-minute or 3 o’clock mark.
- Case Dimensions: Hamilton’s H64715885 Khaki Pilot Grey Dial Watch has a stainless steel case weighing 7.05 ounces. It is 12 millimeters in thickness, and 46 mm in diameter. Hamilton also has a 38-mm diameter version of this aviation-inspired watch. Its lug has a width of 22 mm, and a screw-down crown.
- Watch Strap: Another nifty feature that Hamilton has added to the Khaki Pilot Auto or the H64715885 is its double-prong watch buckle. This ensures that the watch is totally secure on your wrist. Its band is made of khaki calfskin leather, which measures 22 mm wide. Its length is of men’s standard watch strap lengths.
- Movement: The H64715885’s mechanics is of the automatic, self-winding type and needs, at least, daily wrist movement to keep it from stopping.
- Water Resistance: The Khaki Pilot Auto is water-resistant in depths of up to 660 feet or 200 meters.
Considerations to Make Before Buying:
- Some owners of this Hamilton watch report that the strap can be rather stiff and uncomfortable, as opposed to what they expected, as seen in pictures.
- Another buyer consideration that has to be taken, is its automatic, self-winding movement. As mentioned earlier, daily movement is needed to keep the watch from stopping. Once it has reach its running reserve limit, you would have to manually adjust the time and date.
- A 46-millimeter case diameter can be quite daunting for some individuals. Particularly for smaller body frames, and wrists, large cases can be unflattering and clunky.
- Its water resistance feature would not be used to the fullest because it has a leather strap, which is more likely to become brittle and break off in time, and with frequent use underwater.
Aviation-inspired watches are what makes Hamilton a legacy in its industry. Its H64715885 Khaki Pilot Grey Dial Watch is a superb example of this legacy, as it takes its bearer to where he, as a pilot, he is in charge.