Hands On Review – Hamilton Men’s H77616533 Khaki X Chronograph Watch
Product Features and Advantages
- Overall Impact: Hamilton’s Khaki Automatic X-Wind is a ruggedly handsome, yet astute timepiece. Its silver-tone stainless steel case, black dial, and khaki leather strap enhances its ruggedness. In contrast, its bezel capabilities and chronograph movement gives this watch its sagacity.
- Display: Sprayed across its black dial, are white Arabic numerals, all used for calculating drift angles, current time, and elapsed time. The large numerals uniquely placed in the 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11 o’clock points, and circular markers denote current time. Elapsed time can be measured using the Khaki X-Wind’s three sub-dials. The crosswind calculator is laid out along the edges of the round dial. Lastly, the date window by the 9 o’clock position also indicates the day. All of these features are protected by a sapphire crystal window.
- Case Dimensions: This piece’s lug width is 22 mm, and it supports a round case with a diameter measuring 44 mm. The case is 16 mm thick, and it has a transparent case back.
- Bezel: One of the coolest features of this watch is its bidirectional tachymeter-type bezel.
- Watch Strap: This version of the Hamilton Automatic X-Wind has a khaki calfskin leather strap held together by a buckle clasp. The band follows its lug width of 22 mm, and is as long as most men’s watch straps are.
- Movement: The Hamilton Men’s H77616533 Khaki X Chronograph Watch is tailored with automatic movement, triggered by its owner’s wrist movement. Its manual indicates a running reserve of approximately 46 hours.
- Water Resistance: This chronograph watch has a water-resistance feature allowing it to hold up to water depths of up to 10ATM or 100 meters (330 feet).
Considerations to Make Before Buying:
- Automatic Movement: Although it is indicated in its owner’s manual that this watch can keep ticking until about 46 hours of non-movement has passed, some people still prefer the convenience provided by batteries versus manually rewinding or adjusting the time and date.
- Large Size: Admittedly, the Khaki X-Wind is rather big, especially for those who have smaller wrists. Consider buying this if you are okay with and/or comfortable with using large watches.
- Fashion, Functionality and Cost: Be ready to invest on this watch as a keepsake that comes at a relatively higher price. Some people might feel that they did not get their money’s worth especially if they are unable to use the more complicated functions such as the crosswind calculator. Others wouldn’t mind not being able to use these, as long as the watch is durable and stylish. In this case, the Khaki X-Wind is both hardy and fashionable.
Where To Buy The Hamilton Men’s H77616533 Khaki X Chronograph Watch
You can never go wrong with a watch made by one of the most reputable brands in the industry. Hamilton’s X-Wind Auto Chrono in Khaki (model no. H77616533) is the world’s first watch allowing pilots to predict and record crosswinds. And even if you are not a pilot or aviation enthusiast, this watch shall definitely one of your favorites, if not your most prized possession.