- Thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Would you tell us a little about yourself and your background in this industry?
I have spent many years in various type of creative and branding related work and currently I work alongside designers in the innovation space – all of which have contributed further to my underlying passion for design, which is the driver for my vision and creations of Huckleberry & Co.
- As the founder of Huckleberry & Co., you are the originator of the brand and of the design. Where did you get the idea to create this brand? What inspires you when it comes to design?
We want our customers to feel proud when wearing or stocking a creation from Huckleberry & Co, we want it to be a treasured time-piece that can be passed down from generation to generation. This means, taking it easy on temporary design trends and incorporating quality movements. My inspiration can come from anywhere but it normally starts from a need or a gap.
- Can you see yourself creating more watches in the future, or will this be more of a one-time, one-design idea.
Absolutely, our Kickstarter campaign will segue into creating new designs that we have in mind. We have a few ideas ticking and it’s only a matter of time before we have something ready. Pun intended 😉
- How is Huckleberry & Co. received by Watch Enthusiasts? Do you already have enough of an idea of the interest in your brand?
We’ve had a really positive response from both watch review blogs and potential customers which is a huge encouragement for us and validates our choice in movement and design.
- Let’s talk about the future and your various market. Where will be your biggest markets for this launch?
Initially we thought Australia would be the market that makes most sense considering that is where we are based, however our analytics behind the news subscription for Huckleberry & Co has been telling us that the UK has been really popular.
- Where will the watch be available after the launch?
It will be available online via our website however we will look to work with bricks and mortar stores of those that share the same vision and direction for design.
- What are your goals for the company over the next five years?
The first few years will be all about establishing ourselves as a company, building long-lasting relationships with the watch community, our customers and stockists whom we refer to as the Huckleberry & Co family.
Beyond this we would like to release new designs and possibly accessories.
- What do you personally look for in a timepiece?
Not surprisingly and even thought this may sounds bias, our Archibald watch is probably the best example of what I would look for in a watch. I want something that is,\ well designed and affordable.
I don’t have a particular preference for different type of watches either – I own quartz, mechanical and smart watches and they all belong within context.
It’s really easy to judge watches on face value but I believe the relationship with your watch is created through memories, whether it was passed down by family or something you bought for your wedding. My favorite watch is the old Casio Databank watch with IR to control TVs – it always brings back memories of wrecking havoc at school and shops!
Connect with Huckleberry & Co.
Facebook: Huckleberry & Co.
Pinterest: Huckleberry & Co. Watches
Official Website: http://www.huckleberryandco.com/