- Thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Would you tell us a little about yourself and your background in this industry?
Thanks for letting me tell my story to you. my name is Bob Segers and I ended up in the watches and jewelry business because my great-grandfather was a jeweler and I decided to become one too. Therefore I went to Antwerp to become a licensed jeweler and goldsmith I graduated and began working in the jewelry business in the Netherlands. I worked at various high-end jewelry stores all across Holland. Three years ago I help to create a real nice high-end watches and jewelry concept store called House of Pertijs. where I am still working today. With the help of some friends I decided to start Camber watches, what we tried to do is to create a real nice watch brand in the spirit of vintage motor sports. For our first watch chapter we designed a chronograph watch which can masseuse time down to 1/10 of a second which has a link to hill climbing, one off the oldest forms of motor sports. What we created is a watch set which contains a timeless designed watch together with matching pair of cufflinks together in a unique book vault packaging. For a competitive price of $98 during our kickstarter campaign
- As the founder of Chamber Watches, you are the originator of the brand and of the design. Where did you get the idea to create this brand? What inspires you when it comes to design?
I’m a great lover of vintage motorsports and I can’t stop watching those old videos, I’m also a great fan of beautiful watches that’s why we decided to combine the two. At my work I get to work with the really nice high end brands and I tend to look at them for my inspiration.
- Can you see yourself creating more watches in the future, or will this be more of a one-time, one-design idea.
We definitely want to bring more models on to the market after we hopefully become successful on kickstarter with our first project. When we created the Camber brand we even took in to account that it could contain more chapters, that also the reason why we choose a book shaped packaging. There are so many beautiful branches of motor sport which we can highlight and we have so many great ideas for other watch designs.
- How is Chamber Watches received by Watch Enthusiasts? Do you already have enough of an idea of the interest in your brand?
The supports is magnificent; after four days of kickstarter we already reached more then 50% of our pledge with more then 100 backers! everybody’s very enthusiastic about the brand and the watch set.
- Is there anything you would like to highlight for the GraciousWatch readers related to your current models?
Please notice all the great details we did on the watches, cufflinks and packaging, then take the price In to consideration and see how special this is. and even with free world wide shipping!
- Let’s talk about the future and your various market. You reckon where will be your biggest markets for this launch?
We think the world will be our market, we are receiving support from all over the world. maybe it’s also because of the free world wide shipping
- Where will the watch be available after the launch?
After the launch of Camber watches, they will be available through our website, but we hope there will be some jewelry or fashion stores who will choose for the small business package on of 9 watches and a window display so we will have some retailers who will sell the watches.
- What are your goals for the company over the next five years?
We hope to be able to release 1 or 2 new models each year, so we will have a wide collection in a couple of years. But first we need to reach our goal on kickstarter! so I hope this interview will help to get there
- What do you personally look for in a timepiece?
I look for an iconic and timeless design in watches, I think this is something we achieved with our first Camber model.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add to this interview?
I would like to take the opportunity to ask your followers to support my kickstarter campaign and help us bring this brand to life! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/890623936/camber-watches
Also I would like to ask if some of them would like to support my thunderclap campaign, this will launch an message about our kickstarter campaign thru everyone’s socials network (just once on the 8th of October) https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/31603-camber-watches
Connect with Chamber Watches
Official Website: http://www.camberwatches.com/