It was commissioned in 1959 to build an underwater watch for divers of the Russian Navy. The company has since been making diver’s watches in different styles and models. The case of the Invicta 1438 diver’s watch is made of 18k gold plated stainless steel. The watch can be considered as one designed for everyday use despite its construction as a solid diver’s watch. It looks very elegant and is fit to be worn by almost any one.
This product is currently on sale in many online dealers and one can purchase the product at deal prices ranging from $85 to $200. But, its regular retail price is usually from $550 to $700. It is good to surf the net and look for bargain prices for products like the Invicta 1438 watch which is the envy of many sportsmen. The following are the descriptions and specifications of the product.
- The watch has a stainless steel case that is ion-plated with 18k gold.
- It tells time using the precise Swiss Quartz movement.
- It has black straps made of polyurethane fortified with tiny gold-plated barrel inserts.
- It has a black second hand while the dial color is gold
- The round dial window is protected by a mineral crystal cover.
- The time display uses analog.
- The clasp used is the buckle type, easy to install and unbuckle.
- Band material is black and made of polyurethane with standard length for men.
- Shipping weight is 1.4 pounds including the case. One battery is included in the package.
- The bezel is stationary and is made of stainless steel.
- The product is covered by a one year warranty.
The Good and the Bad
The product looks great on most people who use the watch. Some show their admiration for the durability of the scratch mineral covering of the dial. It is a large watch that looks nice on big wrists. But those with small wrists use the watch because of its aesthetic qualities. The strap is ideal for persons with 7-inch wrists but replacement straps are available for those with smaller or bigger wrists.
The watch may be heavy but in time, one can get used to wearing it. The big crown protector is the attention getter of the watch since can only be found in Invicta Russian diver’s watches. There is no problem with gold plating since it does not fade quickly. The gold and black colors are a classy combination that brings out the best features of the watch.
Most of the negative comments centers on the fact that the watch is quite heavy for small people. Some people who are bigger than average also complain that the watch might be too small for them. Size is really a relative thing. If this model is not the right size, then there are other Invictas that might suit their preferences more. The bottom line is that this watch may be recommended for regular-sized persons who have better use for this diver’s watch.
People who own an Invicta Men’s 1438 Russian Diver Gold Dial Black Polyurethane Watch agree that it is a very nice looking watch and that many of their friends admire the solid construction of this diver’s watch. Invicta has really mastered the production of the Russian diver watch.