The 8928OB gets itself noticed thanks to a classic styling that’s sure to turn heads. The framework of this watch is constructed around a stainless steel case. Keeping it fastened to the wearer’s wrist is a steel bracelet that has a width that screams quality. The center links with gold plating provide an elegant yet classy finish to the bracelet.
And then there is the inside of the watch itself. For maximum practicality, a 3-arm system is employed for easy reading. Each hand is crafted with superb quality and detail, with the hands having sword, Mercedes, and breguet-styled logo shapes adorning the edges. Recognizing that these watches would most likely be used during deep-sea diving, each arm, together with the markers, comes with luminous capability. Aiding with further readability is an electric blue dial that stays clear even during low-light conditions present during deep-sea diving.
Providing the momentum needed to propel this watch is a Japanese automatic winding system. Utilizing the kinetic energy produced when moving your arms, these watches are self-winding. The 8928OB is self-wound using an intricate system that you can see in action thanks to a transparent skeleton case found at the back of the watch. This simply means as long as you constantly wear these watches, you’ll never need a battery to keep them operational. However, if you’re not the type who consistently wears watches, then a watch winder accessory (sold separately) can come in handy.
During the making of this review (and while taking a look at other reviews as well), there are some advantages that make these watches stand out. Here are just some of them.
- Stylish yet rock-solid- Made with some of the best materials out there, some owners even say that the Invicta 8928OB can even give premium models such as Rolex a run for their money.
- High-performance- The automatic system of these watches is constructed with the best quality, and is functional for a depth of up to 300 meters.
- Great value for money- While the quality of this watch is reputed to be on par with those made by the best, the price of acquisition for this watch is much less than say, buying a Rolex.
However, this doesn’t mean that there are things that could have been improved with this watch. Here are some of the cons.
- Relatively weak power reserve- It loses power relatively quickly when not worn compared to other automatic watches. In fact, it shall stop moving within 12 hours on the average.
- It’s not a chronometer- You must adjust the date and/or time every month.
Overall, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a watch that offers as much quality as the Invicta 8928OB. Combining strong performance with impeccable style, it’s a watch made for the discerning watch enthusiast.
Invicta is one of those watch brands that have always been successful because of their blend of elegance and performance. They are especially known for their sport watches, which includes the wildly successful Pro Diver series. Belonging to this crack series of diver-friendly glasses is the Invicta Men’s 8928OB Pro Diver Two-Tone Automatic Watch. Is this product worth the hype? This product review would try to answer exactly that.