- Hi Nemo, thanks for taking the time to speak with us today. Do you mind telling us a little about yourself and your background in this industry
Hi Jeremiah, thanks for having this interview with us. We truly appreciate the interest and are very happy to be able to share our story. My background was always filled with design, as I was an art director in advertising and design agencies my entire career. In addition to that, i always had a great passion for watches. My wife Mina on the other hand, is a huge fashion addict and knows all about the industry and their new trends. So, one day we decided to create our own brand and combine those worlds to create watches, not only for watch lovers but also for designers from all kind of fields.
- As the founder of Meshable, you are the originator of the brand and of the design. Where did you get the idea to create this brand? What inspires you when it comes to design?
It really started all with the passion my wife and I shared for great design and good fashion.
This was the indicator to set all off, but there was always the will to create something own too.
When it comes to design, there is so much inspiration everywhere today. We love the way social media is able to deliver inspiration and urban culture on a daily basis, there are just too many good sites to follow.
- What inspires you to get started with Meshable and what do you wish to accomplish with this company?
With our background in Design, we just love creating things. It is one of the best feelings to hold something beautiful in your hand after a long process of creation.
We don’t want to be in this business for a year or two, we figured out that this is the thing we want to do all the way. There is nothing better then working for your passion.
- Why the name Meshable? How did you come up with the name
Meshable is a fictitious word we came up with, because we think that our simple and minimal design is not made for the sake of just following any minimalist trends today, but because we believe that simple and clean products mesh very well with others. And that’s the idea behind, a watch that makes it easy for you to complete a great outfit. A meshable watch.
- Let’s talk about the future and your various market. You reckon where will be your biggest markets for this launch? (Europe, US, or any specific countries? Germany, Singapore etc)
After the launch of our fist watch, we could see how Western and Central Europe got a very important market for us. But of course US is huge too and we see us having more partners overseas in the future.
- How would you define success for yourself and your company (do you have to reach a certain sales target etc.)
Reaching Sales targets is important of course. But not because of the money, it’s important for us because it gives us the opportunity to continue working on this amazing journey. But real success is something different; we want to build a brand that people love and build a huge community that shares our vision.
- What is your plan for Meshable in the next 5 years
Creating more. As said, we don’t want to have a few products in line, we want to create a lasting brand. We have lots of ideas in the pipeline, and we can’t wait to get those out in the world. Now, we need to reach our target on Kickstarter first off all, to be able to make the first production run of the meshable chrono.
- Where will your watch be available after the launch
Firstly in our Onlineshop. But we want to enlarge the list of our retailers worldwide, to make sure that our products are also in physical stores besides our online presents. We are very selective though and think that our watches need to be in the right surrounding. That is why we are looking to collaborate with great contemporary fashion boutiques and modern watch stores.
- What do you personally look for in a timepiece
Very detailed simplicity. We love the level of detail and care that pioneer brands like Panerai, TAG Heuer or now also Nomos have put in their work. These of course are in another price range, but we aim to put as much care in the design and quality as we can to achieve something timeless as they did.
- Do you have anything to add to this interview
Thank you so much for having us here. To all the readers: go and check out our Kickstarter, you won’t regret it.