Hands on Review – Michael Kors Men’s MK8096 Runway Rose-Tone Watch
First and foremost is the gold rose tone. This is an elegant looking piece that can be for everyday wear. It can also be worn on with formal wear. Below are a few more advantages:
- The analog quartz movement used is extremely accurate and durable
- The band is solidly constructed, none of that ugly sheet metal gaps on the sides.
- The band solid, thick sturdy and classic looking.
- The rose gold plated stainless steel clasp is outfitted with a fold over clasp with double push safety buttons.
- The watch is water resistant up to 330 feet
- At 46 millimeters in diameter and 15 millimeters in thickness, with rose gold plating, 16 ounces total weight just enough, not too light, not too heavy.
- The chronograph feature works flawlessly, just like more expensive watch makes.
- The crowns (3) are thick, sturdy and well placed for comfort
The fact that its diameter is 46 millimeters is a great divide. For one, individuals with thicker wrists can wear it comfortably. Individuals who prefer chunkier timepieces are also well-pleased with this huge chunk of eye candy. A lot of consumers, especially the Asian demographic are turned off by its sheer size, bulk and weight. Other disadvantages include:
- The calendar only features the date. Nowadays day date features are preferred.
- The numbers on the watch or too integrated, meaning it does not stand out for a quick look. In other words it could have used a bit more contrast.
- Like the number, the lume could have used a little bit more thickening
- A better quality case window, would have been welcome here.
- The bezel is just plain. They were going for minimalistic and chunky and to some extent it does work, but a more pronounced bezel design would have been welcome. Especially considering the overall design of the dial.
You either like this watch because you want a chunky piece or you hate it. You hate it probably not because it’s ugly BUT because you want something that fits you! The same design is also sold in silver and gold tones, but this is by far the classiest.
Where to Buy the Michael Kors Men’s MK8096 Runway Rose-Tone Watch
The case and band are made of solid stainless steel coated in rose gold. The case is round, its diameter is 46 millimeters. The band width is 25 millimeters. The dial window is made of mineral crystal, and it is powered by a precision analog quartz movement. There is a chronograph feature and a day feature.