Most consumers describe this watch as “luminescent”. The case is made up of finely buffed stainless steel, which is mirror like in finish. This watch is then combined with a white polyurethane dial, white bezel, white silicone, and other white elements. Some of the other advantages are as follows:
- Analogue dial with 3 round and functional windows
- A chronograph function
- Finely edged stainless steel case
- Date function
- Sturdy silicone and stainless steel strap
- White polyurethane dial insert
- Beautifully shaped lugs
- Perfect fitting strap to lug junction
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 meters)
Its greatest appeal is also its main complaint. The watch is too strikingly white, that it is hard to read the dial on warm sunny day. Other disadvantages include:
- Japanese quartz movement (most prefer Swiss quartz)
- The dial numbers and lume could use a bit of thickening and sharp contrast for better readability
- Day date function is better than just date function
- The crown could use a guard
- Deployment clasp is a hassle. This could have been better with a fold-over, push type clasp.
- It is too big for the “Asian” demographic
- Sapphire crystal would have been better
- The silicone strap coat is easy to soil and hard to clean. Ceramic could have been better for a longer lasting white.
The watch construction and design is very stunning. This is a bargain at around $145 dollars. Most complaints focus on a better quality movement and a sapphire crystal window. But the consumer has to consider the retail price of this piece. If they want Swiss movement and sapphire crystal they should be prepared to spend more than $1,000 for a watch.
In fact the only real concern for this piece is the propensity of the silicone strap to get dirty and the lack of a crown guard. Of course this can be prevented or minimized by proper handling and basic hygiene. Another alternative would be to switch watch straps. There are plenty of Michael Kors straps to choose from, so this is not really a deal breaker.
The case diameter is 44 millimeters by 14 millimeters thick. Total weight is 10.36 ounces. The case window of this watch is made up of mineral crystal, the movement is Japanese quartz. The strap is 25 millimeters in width made up of solid stainless steel coated with white silicone and outfitted with a deployment clasp.