The thick gold plating makes this a stunning and classic piece, great for semi formal and better during formal occasions. Below are some of its more endearing qualities:
- High precision analog quartz movement
- Solidly constructed gold plated stainless steel band.
- Water resistant up to 100 meters or 330 feet
- 44 millimeters in diameter, 12 millimeters in thickness, 10.36 ounces. At this size and weight it can be realistically worn by both genders (unisex).
- Fold over clasp with double push safety buttons. This provides extra security and ease when wearing and removing.
- Chronograph feature complete with three rounded windows
- Handsomely built champagne analogue dial
- Thick sturdy central crown and well placed slightly smaller chronograph crowns.
At 44 millimeters, 12 millimeters and 10.36 ounces, this is a slightly lighter watch than the other models of the same design. However, it is still somewhat too heavy for the Asian demographic, or those with small wrists. 40 to 42 millimeters would have been much better. Other disadvantages are as follows:
- Gold tone and plated watches have a limited appeal.
- Hard to read dial color scheme and design
- Mineral crystal is great, but nothing beats sapphire crystal.
- There is a gap between the lugs and the strap. This is not only unsightly but can a repository of grime. It is also sometimes painful because the gap traps wrist hair and pulls at it.
- A day date feature would have been better.
- Thick and undecorated bezel.
- Numbers on the dial, even the lume needs to be more striking. Most consumers think the dial and the lume needs a striking contrast, more color and/or thickness.
This is an exquisitely crafted timepiece with a timeless design. It is a perfect combination of classic and rugged. The watch is heavy enough to feel substantial but not too much that it becomes a burden to the wearer. You either like it or you do not. In fact most of the disadvantages are really a matter of taste, with the possible exception of the ill fitting lugs to strap clearance.
The case and band is made of solid stainless steel. The same is then thickly and evenly plated in gold. The rounded case is 44 millimeters in diameter and 12 diameters in thickness. The window is made of high quality mineral crystal. The movement is analog quartz. The strap is solidly constructed, thick, and has a safety click function, instead of the less desirable “brute force” deployment clasp.