Readers asked me to make Nixon watches review. No problem! Nixon is an American Brand of Watches and accessories that was established back in the year 1997. From day one Nixon targeted the youth of the American Society for its
From day one Nixon targeted the youth of the American Society for its custom built products. Apart from its fame in different fashion items, Nixon quickly became a popular brand in the wrist watch industry too. Today Nixon has
Today Nixon has presence in around 80 different countries of the world. The company is known for its different designs and styles of watches.
The headquarters of Nixon is in Encinitas, United States.
History of Nixon – American Start-Up Spirit in Classic Industry
The founders of Nixon are Chad DiNenna and Andy Laats. As for Laats, he used to work as a snowboard product manager in Burton and possessed an engineering degree which he got from the famous Cornell University.
He was about to complete his MBA from Stanford University however the plan did not prosper as he met DiNenna which ultimately resulted in the formation of Nixon Company.
DiNenna belonged to Southern California and had a professional degree in communications which he got from the California State University.
Both the Co-founders i.e. DiNenna and Laats raised around US$1 million from different venture capitalists to begin Nixon.
The co-founders produced their debut catalog in the year 1997.
Seven different models were introduced through 200 retailers. Nixon opened its subsidiary in France back in the year 2000 and by the year 2005 it had around 60 employees with 90 different models. The company’s sales were growing at 55% annually during that time.
The company’s sales were growing at 55% annually during that time.
The Nixon Watches Review
For many years the Nixon watches have served as a well-known brand in the action sports industry.
The company has been producing watches since the year 1997 and today is renowned all over the world for its classical timepieces.
The company today is a serious competitor to almost all the major watch brands of the world.
Before we review some of the best Nixon watches let’s try to understand the Nixon watches first on the basis of some key aspects.
The Type of Movements (Nixon) – Nixon Watches Review
The movement is the main contributor to the overall thickness of the watch. The Nixon watch comes in three different types of movements. These movements are as follows
- The majority of the Nixon Digital watches are equipped with a digital movement which is very much customized in nature. The watches basically contain MLCD or LCD display which makes these watches very easy to read. The digital display is further divided into two different types. The type number 1 is called positive and the type number 2 is called negative.
- The second type of movement which you will find in a Nixon watch is quartz movement. The watch containing quartz movement is generally battery operated and is known for their precise time keeping. Nixon in particular utilizes the MIYOTA quartz movement
- The third kind of movement with which many of the Nixon watches are equipped with is automatic or mechanical movement. Such kinds of watches are equipped with a second hand which is very much gear driven. Most of the Elite class watches of Nixon are blessed with this kind of Movement.
The Case Materials
Different Nixon watches come in a variety of case materials. Some of these case materials are discussed in the points below
- There are many Nixon watches that have a case material made up of Polycarbonate. These watches are resistant to corrosion are lightweight and are also highly durable. The Nixon watches with such case materials come in various colours. In our Nixon watches review, watches like the Time Teller come in this kind of material
- The second case material which you will find in Nixon watches is Acetate. The strength of Acetate lies in the fact that it is highly resistant to corrosion and is also lightweight. These kinds of watches can be found by you in the market in colours which are very rich. The Nixon Acetate watches vary in design. Under this category a watch that became very famous was The Time Teller Acetate
- There are some watches of Nixon whose case has been manufactured via Stainless Steel. In fact stainless steel is the most commonly used material when it comes to Nixon watches. The class of this material lies in the fact that it is highly durable and very hard. 316 and 304 stainless steel is utilized by Nixon.
- Another case material which is often seen in Nixon watches is Titanium. The watches having titanium case material is robust and lightweight. The look of these watches is very similar to a Nixon watch that has been manufactured via stainless steel. The beauty of Titanium lies in the fact that it is not allergic to people who possess sensitive skin
- The Nixon watches whose case material is of Ceramic have been super hit in the market. The material can resist corrosion as well as scratches. The watch is equipped with finishes which are attractive. The ceramic watch collection of Nixon has given serious competition to some of the best watch companies of the world
Other Materials that are part of a Nixon Watch
- Crystal materials are very much there in a Nixon watch. The crystal is basically a piece which actually covers up the face of the Nixon watch. The covering protects the movement of the watch from the outside world. Crystal is known for its durablilty, strength and scratch resistance
- Hardened Mineral is also very much part and parcel of a Nixon watch. The mineral is highly dense and is also known for its resistance level. The material can be found by you in well-known watches like the player
Resistance to Water
Nixon has an important link with the sports industry which means that the majority of its watches belong to the sports category. Nixon watches are in most of the cases are blessed with the water resistance feature. The level of water resistance in Nixon watches differ from piece to piece. However some of the most common resistance levels are as follows
- 30 meters when it comes to light splashes and hand washing
- 50 meters when it comes to gentle and light swimming
- 100 meters when it comes to rafting, surfing and swimming
- 200 meters when it comes to proficient marine activity
- 300 meters or more when it comes diving at depth
Sizes and shapes
The size and shape of Nixon watches are many and it depends upon your personal choice which one you actually want to purchase. Also some of the company’s watches are square, some are small, some are big and some are round as well. For this Nixon watches review I found out that the common sizes of the watch which you will find in the market are
- The small size is around 31mm and can be less then it as well
- The medium size is between 32mm to 41mm
- The large size can be between 42mm to 47 mm
- The XL size can be between 48mm to 52mm
Some Nixon watches Worth Buying – A Review
Nixon as already mentioned is a watch brand which has been in operation since the year 1997. During this time the company has produced countless collection of watches.
We have to admit that Nixon has produced some of the most remarkable time pieces over the years. Listing all those collections will not be possible for us in this Nixon watches review, however, we have picked five different timepieces of the company which we think stand out and which you must purchase if you are interested in attractive timepieces. The watches are discussed in the headings below.
The Mission Smartwatch is classic as well as dashing. The watch is ideal to be worn regardless of the occasion. If you wish you can wear it in your wedding, if you wish you can wear it in a party, you can wear it in your office and you can even wear it during your job interview. Also, the Mission Smartwatch contains the following specifications in our Nixon watches review
- The model number of the watch is A1167001
- The overall shape of the watch is round
- The material type of the dial window is glass
- The watch is equipped with a digital display
- The clasp of the watch is “deployant-buckle”
- The watch does not contain any metal stamp
- The watch is equipped with a stainless steel case material
- The case diameter of the watch is 50 millimeters
- The thickness of the case is 16 millimeters
- The band is manufactured via rubber
- The color of the band is black
- The dial color is LCD
- The bezel has been manufactured via metal
- The function of the bezel is stationary
- The watch has a calendar
- The movement of the watch is powered by a processor
- The watch can resist water up to 330 feet
So, Men’s A197 is also a stylish watch produced by Nixon. The watch is available in almost all the online stores of the world today and hence can be easily ordered by you. The watch has the following specifications