Hands On Review – Seiko Men’s SKX781 “Orange Monster” Automatic Dive Watch
- 21-jewels automatic movement – Functions without a battery; powers automatically with the movement of your arms
- Strong Hardlex crystal – scratch-resistant Hardlex crystal
- Stainless-steel case and band – The watch maintains a durable, stainless-steel bracelet band.
- Unique Dial – Orange dial with three-hand function, easy-to-read bar markers, and an English/Spanish day/date window at the three o’clock position. It has lumibrite hands, markers, and bezel, this watch is easy to read in both light and dark conditions
- Water-resistant – This watch is water resistant at 200 meters/ 660 feet. Designed for diving, this watch is water-tested to 200 meters. It meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving.
- Additional Features – Features a screw-down case and crown and a one way rotating elapsed timing bezel that keeps track of elapsed time.
Quality and Workmanship
The quality and workmanship of this watch are excellent compared to other watches in the same price range. The alphanumeric markings, lumbrite markers, and hands are designed with high quality. The watch case, back and bezel are made with stainless steel. The case comes with an attractive combination of polished, brushed and machined finishes which bring the quality and function of this watch to another level. Likewise, the bracelet end links are solid and the pins holding on the bracelet are sturdy and durable. The bracelet is perfectly even on the side making it feel very smooth and comfortable for the wearer. The clasp is also made with very high quality. Lastly, the bracelet integrates a smart hidden diver’s extension in order to allow the watch to be worn over a wet suit.
The over-all design is stylish and trendy as a result of the orange face and chrome bezel with lowered, black painted numerals and hash marks. The luminosity of this watch is amazing because of the lumibrite paint and the large coated areas on the hour markers and hands.
Perfect for Aquatic Sports
This Seiko watch attained a remarkable status among automatic sports watch collectors and avid scuba divers. A water resistant watch at 200 meters/ 660 feet is a standard when examining the features of a dive watch.
The 21-jewel, automatic movement of the watch powers itself through the motion of your arms so you do not have to change the battery. However, the timekeeping in an automatic watch may become less accurate. You have to wear the watch for 8 hours or more per day, or manually wind the main spring by turning the crown in order to maintain the precision of time. This watch is not a chronograph time keeper.
Also, this watch is thick and heavy. It is not recommended to men who prefer a thin and light watch. The Crystal Hardlex of the watch is not as scratch resistant as Sapphire watch face from other dive watch competitors.
Where To Buy The Seiko Men’s SKX781 “Orange Monster” Automatic Dive Watch
This monster watch is well-known for its excellent value. The watch was dubbed as the “Orange Monster” because of its attractive and colored bright orange dial. The head-turning design of this automatic dive watch is exceptional and hard to forget.