Hands On Review – Seiko Men’s SSC017 Solar Dive Chronograph Watch
- Quartz movement keeps accurate time,
- No battery required
- Case diameter – 43 mm
- Stainless steel case
- Hardlex Crystal
- Decent water Resistance (200M) and good size
- The solar charge lasts and lasts even when out of the sun for weeks at a time.
- This watch is amazingly accurate.
- It has stayed within 1 second of the USNO atomic clock for over 6 months straight.
- The face is easy to read and the watch functions well (date, time and stopwatch) and it gives a very nice look.
- A great watch for the money.
- The blue segment on the bezel gives it just enough color & also doesn’t make it look quite so “Rolex-y” imho.
- The weight is a very substantial 16oz which certainly adds to the general feeling of sturdiness.
- This watch is a very nice chronograph piece that has a bold look that is distinct with blue trim color.
- It looks bold but not overpowering.
- It is quartz and solar-battery powered.
- Perfect finish, very solid construction
- The large bezel turns smoothly.
- No issues with water or battery charge.
- You would love the safety latch, the band is easy to adjust and will not stretch.
- Rugged and easy to see
- This Seiko solar is a good give and take between conventional watches and more straight diving
- The “pearl” on the top of the bezel is too small and has a gap on the side of it. (You can also google this problem and see results on “watchuseek”.)
- It’s a very big watch on the wrist; I guess it’s more than the listed 43mm. It even makes Casio G-shock look quite small. This wouldn’t put you off but it’s something to be aware of.
- The wet suit extension is a bit unconvincing
- The date display is not up to the mark and very difficult to see.
- The metal band may not work for some of you – which may lead to irritation.
- The 24 hour indicator is useless.
- Not good for long trips.
The solar power feature of this watch provides an addon as you do not have to change the batteries. It’s a classic diver watch with great basic features. All the positives far outweigh the negatives. You surely fall in love with the weight and feel of this watch.
Where To Buy The Seiko Men’s SSC017 Solar Dive Chronograph Watch
Seiko is devoted to manufacture watches that personify modern styling and gives exceptional value. This Seiko watch is a gem and a real time keeper.