Hands On Review – Seiko Men’s SSC139 Excelsior Solar Chronograph Japanese Quartz Watch
- This Seiko Men’s Excelsior Solar Watch is powered by solar panels. It relieves you from the hassle of replacing batteries every now and then.
- The bracelet of this Seiko Men’s Excelsior Watch is made of stainless steel two tone bracelet. But no, it’s not the usual silver and gold combination. It’s the men’s equivalent of that. It’s made of gunmetal and silver toned bracelet.
- The dial is black to match the gunmetal stainless steel bracelet. To make a great contrast, the indices and other detailing on the face of the watch is colored silver. that way, you don’t have to squint down your wrist for a period longer than you can spare. The minute and hour hands are also illuminated, to help you tell the time in lowlight.
- This Seiko Men’s Excelsior Solar Watch has a dial casing protected by hardlex crystal. It keeps the watch protected against scratches and protects the watch from pressure if you accidentally drop it.
- This Seiko Men’s Excelsior Solar Watch is water resistant for up to 100 meters of 330 feet. Even though the watch is not made for sports, you don’t have to try it out when you’re doing extreme sports. This function will come in handy when you’re washing your hands, doing the dishes, or whatever activity involves water.
- The watch has three subdial—for minutes, an alarm clock, and 24-hour clock. And these subdials aren’t even a nuisance on the face of the watch. They are perfectly seen because of the silver on black contrast.
- There’s also a date box to help you not only with the time, but also with the date so you’ll never feel lost again.
You save: $160.88 (33 %)
- This Seiko Men’s Excelsior Solar Watch also has its downs. Because it’s solar powered, chances are you might need to stand in the sun for quite a longer time. That can be quite a hassle too.
- This watch is pretty big. So if you have regular sized wrists and hands, you might want to reconsider taking this watch.
- The watch is a little flashier than your normal everyday watch, so it might not be a great idea to wear it every other day.
- Although it’s a mixture of gunmetal and silver, the material is both shiny so under the sun, it can look like it’s not two tone at all.
Where To Buy The Seiko Men’s SSC139 Excelsior Solar Chronograph Japanese Quartz Watch
A unique watch that’s battery free – this Seiko Men’s Excelsior Solar Chronograph Watch is, as its name says, solar powered ! it has a unique shape and silhouette, perfect if you want to stand out in the crowd.