- Face and Dial: The Seiko Women’s SUP089 Stainless Steel Analog with Black Dial Watch has a rectangular display that is prettified with Swarovski crystals and the signature Seiko-AHA (American Heart Association) “Go Red” heart. It has a black dial and contrasting silver hands and Arabic numerals on the 6 and 12 o’clock positions. Ten silver circular bullets mark the rest of the hours.
- Dial Display Window: The SUP089 dial window is made of Seiko’s own mineral crystal hybrid, Hardlex. It is found to be more shatter-proof than sapphire crystal.
- Case: This Seiko classic watch has a rectangular stainless steel case. It is 18 mm wide, and 7 mm thick, and has the “Go Red” logo engraved on its case back.
- Movement: The Seiko Women’s SUP089 uses Japanese quartz movement.
- Band: Its stainless steel link bracelet has a black ion finish, making it look like a hematite bracelet. It is quite thin at 5 mm, but long enough for most women’s wrists. It has a small jewelry clasp to complement the bracelet.
- Water Resistance: This watch can function properly and withstand depths of up to 30 meters or 99 feet.
- Watch for a Cause: Seiko has donated more than $300,000 to Go Red since it first announced its support to the campaign in 2011. It was also in 2011 that this manufacturer released the Seiko Women’s SUP089 as part of their aid to AHA’s cause. After buying this watch, you can continue showing your support to this cause by purchasing the newer Tressia models until March 1, 2014.
- Hardlex Crystal: There is much debate about what Hardlex really is and how it compares to your mineral and sapphire crystal. Watch users who have enough experience with all three crystals describe Hardlex to be not as scratch-resistant as sapphire, and yet more durable than mineral crystal.
- Black Hematite Finish Bracelet: The shiny black ion finish of the SUP089’s watch band makes it look like a beautiful piece of jewelry made from hematite.
- Some people might find it hard to read time because the watch is quite small. Moreover, its hands are not luminous, and blends in with the black dial.
Since 2011, Seiko has been a proud supporter of the American Heart Association’s national awareness and action campaign on women’s heart diseases. It’s called “Go Red”. For every “Go Red” branded Seiko watch sold within a certain timeframe, Seiko donates $15 for a minimum donation of $100,000. When you buy the Seiko Women's SUP089 Stainless Steel Analog with Black Dial Watch, not only shall you give a gift to the woman you love, but you also show support for an organization that values their lives.