- Overall Look: The Regatta Makran 772.01, with its silver and black tones, exudes a bold, masculine appeal. It is primarily made of stainless steel (case and bracelet), and has a black dial and bezel. White accents indicate numbers and other markers.
- Display: One of the exceptional features of the Regatta Makran 772.01 is its matte-finish black, skeletonized dial, and its Krysterna crystal dial window. The 12 o’clock position is marked by the Arabic numeral “12”, while the silver-tone hands and shark-tooth index markers are luminous.
- Bezel: The Makran 772.01 has a unidirectional ratcheting bezel made of polished stainless steel.
- Strap: This sport watch’s stainless steel band is a link bracelet that is 22 mm wide and follows standard men’s watch length. It has a fold-over, push-button deployant with safety clasp.
- Case and Dimensions: The Regatta Makran 772.01 has a screw-down, exhibition case back also made of Krysterna crystal. The Stuhrling “S” logo is engraved of a screw-down crown. Its case has a diameter of 42 millimeters, and a 14-millimeter thickness.
- Movement: This wristwatch utilizes Automatic ST-90050 (self-winding) movement.
- Water-Resistance: The Aquadiver Regatta Makran 772.01 is water-resistant for up to 200 meters or 660 feet.
The Stuhrling Legacy
Having its origins traced back to the 1800’s, and a renaissance in 1999, right before the dawn of a new millennium, Stuhrling may very well be one of the few remaining companies that truly understand the true beauty and art in watchmaking.
An Heirloom in the Making
Because it runs on automatic movement, and it is made of stainless steel, the Aquadiver Regatta Makran 772.01 has the potential to last for ages and be a family heirloom. Automatic watches do not require electronics to work. Hence, you don’t have leaking batteries or short-circuits to worry about.
As scratch-resistant as sapphire, yet less brittle, Krysterna crystals have been used primarily in making eyeglasses, until Stuhrling decided to use them for their dials. This property makes the Aquadiver Regatta Makran 772.01, almost shatter-proof.
Mesmerized by Mechanics
Skeleton watches were first produced in the 1900’s, and one of the reasons why people like it was that it was always a treat to see how your watch works from the inside. Having a skeletonized dial, and an exhibition case back all the more makes the Regatta Makran 772.01 a reason to show off.
The only possible difficulty that the Regatta Makran 772.01 has is because it is an automatic watch, you would need to wear this often and give it a good shake if it’s fresh out of the box, to get it ticking and to avoid it from stopping. If you don’t wear this watch often, you would have to give it a good shake, and set the time all over again.
Stuhrling’s Aquadiver Regatta Collection draws its customers to live the high-status yacht-racing life. Without deviating much from the Regatta family’s prestigious air, the Regatta Makran, is one of the collection’s more edgy pieces as it has a skeletonized black dial and an exhibition case that boasts the craftsmanship of the watch itself.