- Color and Accent: A black mother of pearl dial and gold tone hands and markers titivate the face of the Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR. Its bezel and crown also have black and gold hues. While its bracelet is entirely black, the enclosure is gold-tone.
- Display and Case: The Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR’s bezel is unidirectional, while the dial window is made of scratch-resistant, and durable sapphire mineral crystal, in and out. Its case is both ceramic and stainless steel. Roman Numerals are used for indicating time, and aside from minute and hour hands, the Karamica 20050-BKBGR also has a sweeping second hand.
- Bracelet: The Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR’s ceramic link bracelet length is standard for women. It is 19 mm in width, and has a deployment clasp.
- Dimensions: This Karamica timepiece has a case that is 39 mm in diameter. It is 12 mm thick, and weighs 14.39 ounces.
- Movement: The Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR runs on Swiss-made quartz movement.
- Special features: This watch has a water resistance depth of up to 330 feet or 100 meters. It also has a date function indicated at the 3 o’clock position.
I may have some reservations about automatic watches, but I definitely have no complaints about quartz watches. Although Japanese quartz watches have somehow, caught up with Swiss-made quartz timepieces, nothing beats the precision of the Swiss masters.
Sapphire Crystal Dial Window
Although Swiss Legend has its own trademark hybrid mineral crystal, sapphire dial windows remain unsurpassed, when it comes to durability and scratch-resistance.
Beautiful Black Nacre
I said it before, and I’ll say it again. I am crazy about watches with black mother of pearl dials. They make woman feel luxurious and sophisticated, without the flashiness.
The Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR may be too thick and/or too big for some women’s wrists. A case diameter of 39 mm and a bracelet width of 19 mm can make small wrists look even smaller. Then of course, there are folks, like myself, who prefer smaller watches for various reasons such as work environment, and personal style.
The Case of Ceramic Link Bracelets
Ceramic watch bracelets are really easy to clean. In the case of the Swiss Legend Karamica 20050-BKBGR, maintenance is very easy, since unlike white or light-colored ceramic bracelets, the color doesn’t fade. Also, ceramic bracelets allow the skin on your wrists to breathe better, as opposed to silicone and leather bands that give off a funky smell, when you start sweating on the wrists.
Over time, ceramic bracelets turn brittle and crack. If you are such a klutz like me, you make one wrong move, and Bang! Your bracelet would either crack, or would be broken. Also, there are more jewelers who avoid messing with ceramic bracelet links. You would definitely need to shell out some extra cash if you need the bracelet length to be adjusted.
Long and warm discussions over coffee, an afternoon walk along a tree-strewn lane, lazy Sunday mornings – don’t you just love it when the woman you love smiles while she describes these images? You would see that smile grow even bigger once she sees that the box you just gave her contains the Swiss Legend Women's 20050-BKBGR Karamica Collection Ceramic Watch. Go ahead. Make her smile.