- Color: The SL-11844-WWSA Neptune has silver and white tones, and a mother-of-pearl dial. Its bezel, lugs, crown, hour markers, hands, clasp, and case are silver-tone. It also has a white silicone strap and a white ceramic ring protecting the bezel.
- Display and Case: The nacre dial is protected by a Swiss Legend proprietary, hybrid crystal called, Sapphitek. Aside from silver hour markers and black, seconds indices, the hours and minutes are indicated by Arabic numerals laid out in the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o’clock positions. The SL-11844-WWSA Neptune’s stainless-steel and high-grade ceramic bezel is unidirectional. Its crown is uniquely positioned at the 4 o’clock mark and has a screw-down cap.
- Bracelet: The SL-11844-WWSA Neptune has a silicone band which sports a buckle enclosure. It is of standard length, and 20-mm in thickness.
- Movement and Dimensions: This sports watch runs on one of the most dependable and precise forms of watch mechanics. That is Swiss quartz movement. Its case is 16 mm thick, and 44 mm in diameter. It weighs 14.39 ounces or 0.41 kilograms.
- Special features: The Swiss Legend Women’s SL-11844-WWSA Neptune White Mother-of-Pearl Dial Silicone Watch with Ceramic Case is water-resistant to 330 feet/100 meters/10 ATM. It also has a date window at the 4 o’clock position.
One of my favorite SL-11844-WWSA Neptune features is definitely the screw-down cap on its crown. Aside from its function of preventing unwanted time adjustments because of a lot of hand-and-arm movements, it adds just the right amount of spunk to an otherwise, feminine sports watch.
Sapphitek Dial Crystal
While sapphire crystals are still the best for clumsy folks like myself, the Sapphitek dial window isn’t that bad. It is less affordable, and it is indeed, the next best thing for people like me, who oftentimes, accidentally bang their wrist on hard surfaces. No cracks, no scratches (and best of all, no silent, painful cringes)!
- There is a greater chance of your wrist sweating and itching with silicone bands than with metal or leather bands, since this watch strap material does not absorb the sweat or allow much air in to dry your skin.
- If you were to look at pictures of the SL-11844-WWSA Neptune, and if you’re like me, who has trouble figuring out measurements just by looking at the numbers, you might think that this time piece would appear smaller and lighter that it really is. At almost half a kilogram or 15 ounces, the watch is quite heavy. The case is quite thick and large, so with all these elements combined, this watch is, obviously, not for those with thin or small wrists, or for folks who do not like big watches at all.
As the New Year begins with our prayers, hopes and aspirations, our mind already starts to wander into thoughts of next month and what to get our special someone on the day of hearts. A special lady deserves more than just a watch that ticks. She deserves to be inspired. And, the Swiss Legend 11844-WWSA Neptune White Mother-of-Pearl Dial Silicone Watch with Ceramic Case is just what she needs for some inspiration.