This model has a Breitling 30 superquartz movement. Superquartz refers to highly accurate quartz movements. Much like any mechanical movement, inevitably it will lose a few seconds every year. In comparison, ordinary quartz loses several minutes, minutes each year.
Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
Frankly speaking, sapphire crystal can be scratched. Most probably, after a few years of wear you will find minute scratches on your watch window. But it takes a lot of force and a very hard/rough surface to make the tiniest scratch on sapphire crystal. The same material is also non-reflective. This minimizes glare when you are outdoors. It also allows you better visibility at any angle.
Solid Bracelet Links
The links that make up the bracelet are made from solid stainless steel. This provides maximum durability. It also looks alot better than pressed steel links. Then again, this is Breitling so it is 100% guaranteed that the links are always solid.
Stainless Steel Case
The case is made from a single block of stainless steel. The same is pressed NOT moulded. This maximizes cosmetic effect and durability. The case and links are then polished to a satin finish.
The deep blue dial is superb. The design is classic and timeless (no pun intended). The same is contrasted by stainless steel Roman numeral markings, and stainless steel (with lume) hands.
A mid range luxury watch will always have a few cons even if it is a Breitling. But in most cases the cons are more of a preference than mechanical or integral faults. To name a few:
- The link between the case and the bracelet is flimsy. The same is held together by two small links found on the middle portion of the bracelet. This is possible because the lugs extend inwards. Better integrity dictates that the lugs; and the point of contact, should be at the ends.
- A day and date function would have been a better choice.
- Sapphire crystal case backs are better. This allows the owner to view the movement inside. And a Breitling movement is a beauty to behold. So why not showcase the same!?
- Some consumers think the roman numerals are too big. Especially because this is a 30mm diameter watch.
Below are additional specifications, not mentioned above:
- 12 millimetres case thickness
- Analogue display type
- Fold over clasp with safety
- 20 millimetres band width
- Unidirectional bezel
- Waterproof up to 100 meters or 330 feet.
Some watch connoisseurs consider brands like Breitling as more than a timepiece. Rather these are investment pieces that appreciate in time. This particular piece may not appreciate in the near future. But it will hold its market value pretty well. If you have no interest in selling, it can also be handed down from one generation to another.
The Breitling Women's A71340L2/C778SS Galactic 30 Blue Dial Watch is a mid range luxury watch. However it still carries the Breitling name. More importantly, it includes the craftsmanship that goes with it. This article will discuss the pros and cons of the same; as well as the basic specs.