- Accent and Color: Gunmetal gray takes the center stage on the VC/5083GYTT as it embraces about three-fourths of the dial, its bezel, and its link bracelet. The lead actor is supported by rose gold-tones on the bottom portion of the dial, the hour markers, the bezel outline, and two thin center links. Twenty (20) Swarovski crystals decorate the second dial, and six (6) rose gold screws on the bifurcated bezel, add more flair to this piece.
- Display and Movement: The VC/5083GYTT has a round stainless steel case and a stationary bezel. It also has a mineral crystal display window protecting the second dial, markers, and hands. It uses Japanese quarts movement.
- Band: A link bracelet type band with a deployment clasp and push-button closure, completes the timepiece. It is long enough to fit most women’s wrists, and is 18 mm wide.
- Dimensions: This watch is 38 mm in diameter and 10 mm thick.
- Other features: The VC/5083GYTT is water resistant for up to 99 feet.
- I am such a big fan of gunmetal that I can go on and on about it to a point that you would have to stop me. Don’t worry. I won’t bore you with the long adorations. I will say this about gunmetal, gold-rose, Swarovski crystals and the VC/5083GYTT: “You can’t go wrong with your fashion choices if you’re wearing this watch.”
- As in most Vince Camuto watches, the VC/5083GYTT is quite durable and reliable. Although I prefer Swiss movement watches, I would always consider Japanese quartz watches as a practical and reliable choice. Same can be said for sapphire crystal dial windows over mineral dial windows.
- I rarely comment about the crown, but I am really grateful that the crown’s edges are smooth. It prevents the watch from digging into your flesh.
- Although I am a professed fan of gunmetal gray, I think that the ratio of gray to gold, as well as the accent screws, and its sheer size, made this watch look a bit too masculine.
- Deployment clasps can be a hassle because the lock can be released at an unintentional push of a button.
- The bifurcations/mesh-like bezel design do add some edginess to the watch. However, the little corners and edges it creates makes more room for dirt to find its way into them.
Gunmetal or red brass, is a beautiful variety of bronze which is becoming a more and more popular alloy being used in jewelry and other accessories. The Vince Camuto line of watches does make good use of gunmetal and rose gold, and is exemplified so exquisitely in the VC/5083GYTT.